Important Tips on How to Prevent Contracting Coronavirus
At iCare ER and Urgent Care in Frisco, TX, we provide quick access to medical care. We help patients with mild or minor injuries or illnesses at our urgent care center. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we also provide coronavirus testing for those who may be currently infected or who may have been exposed to a carrier of COVID-19. At our facility, our board-certified doctors work hard to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness, so our patients and staff remain healthy. We closely follow all CDC guidelines so that you can have peace of mind when you visit our urgent care facility. We screen everyone at our door for COVID-19 symptoms.
How do you get coronavirus?
Coronavirus is a respiratory illness that is spread through droplets in the air from someone infected. These droplets can enter your eyes, nose, or mouth and give you the virus. At iCare ER and Urgent Care in Frisco, TX we offer diagnostic coronavirus testing for anyone who may have coronavirus symptoms or who may have been exposed to someone who was recently diagnosed.
Common coronavirus symptoms
Those infected with coronavirus may or may not exhibit symptoms. Some common coronavirus symptoms include:
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
• Sore throat
• Fever or chills
• Nausea or vomiting
• Sudden loss of smell or taste
When you’re experiencing possible coronavirus symptoms, you need to be tested as soon as possible at our Frisco, TX urgent care center.
Test for coronavirus in Frisco, TX
We use two different diagnostic tests for coronavirus in Frisco, TX.
- Antibody testing: This testing determines if you have had coronavirus based on two antibodies in your blood, immunoglobulin M (IgM) and immunoglobulin G (igG). We look for these antibodies to tell us if you have fought off coronavirus and if you are a carrier of COVID-19. This test cannot detect antibodies until at least ten days have passed from exposure. Most insurance providers cover this test for free.
- Viral testing: The viral test detects an existing coronavirus infection. Nasal swab testing is used to collect a sample from the back of the nose and upper throat area. This can detect if you were exposed to the virus up to three days later.
At iCare ER and Urgent Care, we perform coronavirus testing to anyone who has experienced coronavirus and were unable to be tested or those who have been around someone who has tested positive recently. After being tested at our urgent care facility, we will call you with your results. We recommend that any patient who has had coronavirus testing self-quarantines until they receive a negative result.
Coronavirus prevention tips
To reduce your chances of catching coronavirus, you should:
- Wash your hands often: Washing your hands often, for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching items or surfaces in public places and before touching your face in any way. Wet your hands and apply soap. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with soap and scrub hands for at least 20 seconds. Rinse hands well under clean water.
- Use hand sanitizer: When you can’t wash your hands, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to remove germs effectively. Cover all surfaces of your hands with sanitizer and rub them until they are completely dry.
- Avoid close contact with others: Remain at least six feet from other people, regardless of whether or not anyone is sick.
- Wear face coverings: Wearing a mask is important, regardless of whether or not you or those around you are sick. You can be asymptomatic and not know that you have the virus.
- Clean your home: Sanitize and disinfect your home thoroughly daily to limit the risk of exposure to coronavirus on surfaces.
- Watch for symptoms: Look for common symptoms of coronavirus so that you are tested quickly to avoid exposing those around you.
Get tested for coronavirus at an urgent care facility near me
At iCare ER and Urgent Care in Frisco and Fort Worth, TX, we offer our patients viral and antibody coronavirus testing. When you suspect that you may have coronavirus, call us before entering our urgent care facility, and we will give you special instructions. Visit our urgent care center for coronavirus testing. We also offer our patients telehealth virtual consultations, enabling patients to have an appointment from the comfort of their home.