Make the Right Decision, ER or Urgent Care?
- When to visit an urgent care center: An urgent care center can be a good option for non-emergencies at night and on weekends when your doctor may not be in the office or when you can’t get in to see your doctor. The urgent care centers typically provide services for seasonal allergies, flu, medicine refills, urinary tract infections, ear pain and care for minor injuries that aren't life threatening yet require medical attention on the same day.
- When to visit an emergency room: An ER provides emergency care services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The reasons for a visit range from a wide variety of serious problems, such as severe bleeding, head trauma, seizures, high fevers, breathing difficulties, dehydration, broken bones, migraines and major injuries that require immediate help.
- When to call 911 for an ambulance: Some situations are so serious that you need the help of trained medical personnel on the way to the hospital. These might include situations involving a car accident, ingesting too much medication and is now hard to rouse, or is not breathing or is turning blue. In these cases, dial 911 for an ambulance.
As a parent, it can be hard to make these judgment calls. You don't want to rush to the ER if it isn't really an emergency. On the other hand, you don't want to hesitate to get medical attention if your child needs treatment right away. iCare ER and Urgent Care in Frisco, Texas and Fort Worth, Texas are a new hybrid model that is the right choice. The patient is accessed and if urgent care is the right choice, you are treated on the urgent care side. If you need ER care, you are treated on the ER side. Only pay for the care you need. This facility is 100% wholly owned by local ER board certified doctors that came together and created a better way to handle the care you need now, in one location. ER is 24/7 and urgent care is available 9am -8pm.
- What if I must be admitted to the hospital? iCare has transfer agreements with hospitals in their area. Should further monitoring or care be required, we coordinate hospital admittance for you, directly to a room. You will not have to wait in a busy ER.
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.